Dr. Ragini Kulkarni
- M.B.B.S. Nagpur University, 1993
- M.D. Nagpur University (Preventive and Social Medicine, 1997)
|Medical Officer||PHC-Pedhambe, Raigad, Maharashtra||
|Lecturer||MGM Medical College (Dept. of PSM), Kamothe, Navi Mumbai||
- Maternal and Child Health
Burden of Disease
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Ragini Kulkarni has received the recognition as PhD guide in Preventive and Social Medicine (PSM) under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) Nasik University with effect from 5/10/2019. ICMR- NIRRH included as one of the recognized institutes for PhD in PSM in February 2020
- Third Prize for Poster presentation on “Addressing Ethical Challenges in Multicentre Studies in India: A Complex Issue” in the Online FERCICON 2020 on 27th – 29th November, 2020
- Golden Jubilee Research Award for 2017 by Association of Medical Women (AMWI) In India for research work ‘Nutritional Status of Women and its Link with Morbidity and Mortality’. Award given during the National Conference of AMWI on 16th December 2017
- Award for Paper presented at Hindi seminar organized by NIV Pune “Published research work in Hindi and Local languages for the benefit of people” on 9th September 2011
- Written a book on poems on Adolescent health “ Chahul Tarunyachi” in Marathi and Aahat yauvan ki” in Hindi which has 16 poems on various issues of Adolescent Health
- Participated in a fellowship Program on Bioethics and Ethics Committee Administration organized by Western Institutional Review Board at Puyallup, Washington, USA from 26th June to 25th July.
- Participated in a fellowship Program on Bioethics and Ethics Committee Administration organized by Western Institutional Review Board at Puyallup, Washington, USA from 26th June to 25th July, 2014
Diagnostic accuracy of dried blood spots collected on HemaSpot HF devices compared to venous blood specimens to estimate measles and rubella seroprevalence
Sentinel Surveillance of Dengue Virus Infection in a Tribal District of Maharashtra, India
Psychosocial impact of COVID -19 pandemic on Health Care Workers in India and their perceptions on the way forward- A qualitative study
Improving public health service delivery response to address contraceptive needs of socio-economically disadvantaged HIV positive people in Maharashtra, India
A Critical Appraisal of NFHS-5 Data on Maternal Health Indicators: Trends and Implications for India
Nutritional Status of Women and its Link with Morbidity
Nutritional status of adolescent girls in tribal blocks of Maharashtra
Impact of training on awareness and knowledge of Service Providers about Maternal Near Miss Events in Maharashtra, India
What information and the extent of information research participants need in informed consent forms: a multi-country survey
Public Health Challenges for India towards achieving universal health coverage
Utilization of quality assessments in improving adolescent reproductive and sexual health services in rural block of Maharashtra, India
Capacity assessment of district health system in India on services for prevention and management of infertility
Status of family planning service delivery for people living with HIV at public hospital settings in Maharashtra: opportunities and challenges.
Factors Influencing Maternal Health Indicators among Tribal Population in Maharashtra with Special Focus on Five High Priority Districts.
Neonatal Near miss: A new perspective to unravel neonatal mortality.
Community based kangaroo mother care for low birth weight babies- a pilot study.
Traditional practices during pregnancy and childbirth among tribal women from Maharashtra: a review.
Operationalizing adolescent health services at Primary Health Care level in India: Processes, Challenges and Outputs.
Prospective observational study of near-miss obstetric events at two tertiary hospitals in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Linking HIV & family planning services to improve dual methods of contraception among women infected with HIV in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
A Prospective Observational Study of ‘Near Miss’ Obstetric Events in Two Tertiary Hospitals of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ethical dilemmas in surrogacy.
Use of emergency contraceptive pills among unmarried youth in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India,
Assessment of acceptability of kangaroo mother care (KMC) using qualitative methods in a tribal block of Karjat, Raigad district in Maharashtra, India.
Prevalence & factors associated with chronic obstetric morbidities in Nashik district, Maharashtra, India
Status of obstetric morbidities in Maharashtra
,Contraceptive Use and Unintended Pregnancies Among HIV-Infected Women in Mumbai
Accreditation of ethics committees in India: experiences of an ethics committee
Ethical Dilemmas in surrogacy
ART Adherence Study group: Level of suboptimal adherence to first line antiretroviral treatment & its determinants among HIV positive people in India
Issues and challenges on informed consent in biomedical research involving human participants: An Indian perspective
Knowledge of Reproductive Health among Self Help Group Women in Maharashtra
Cause of death among reproductive age group women in Maharashtra, India
Perceptions and practices of rural men on RTI/STIs and their expecations on its management at public healthcare facilities : A qualitative insight
Training of service providers on emergency sontraception: Experiences in Mumbai
Investigating causes of perinatal mortality by verbal autopsy in Maharashtra, India
Information, education and communication for emergency contraception
As Principal Investigator:
Strengthening Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response (MPDSR) Action in tribal blocks of Palghar district in In Maharashtra. (funded by ICMR)
Maternal Near Miss Review and Corrective Measures at District and Women’s Hospitals in Maharashtra
Projects completed in last two years: (As PI/Site PI/Co-PI)
- ICMR task force study Improving health and nutritional status of vulnerable segment of population by implementing multi-component health and nutrition education intervention as a sustainable model of intervention – Funded by DHR ( 2015-2019) –Site PI
- Improving reproductive health seeking behavior and service utilization by tribal women through involvement of Self Help Group (SHG) Women in Maharashtra – Funded by ICMR ( 2018-2019) –PI
- Maternal Near Miss Review and Corrective measures at selected Tertiary hospitals in Maharashtra- Funded by ICMR ( 2018-2020) –PI
- Impact of measles rubella (MR) vaccination campaign on population immunity in India [IMRVI study] – Funded by ICMR ( 2018-2019) –PI
- Mental health and Social stigma among healthcare personnel’s in the management of COVID – 19 patients in India – Funded by ICMR ( September 2020- December 2020) –Site PI
- Impact of COVID-19 on Maternal and Child health services through the public health system in India – Funded by ICMR ( September 2020-January 2021) –Site PI