Phone : +( 91-22) 2419 2006
Email : email@example.com
- M.Sc. Dept. of LifeSciences, Kalina, Mumbai University (Life Sciences; 1998)
- Ph.D National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai University (Biochemistry; 2007)
|| Dec 2008 - Till date
| Research Associate
|| Dept. of Mol Endocrinol, K.E.M Hospital
|| May-Nov, 2008
| Senior Biochemist
|| VIGSR, Mumbai
|| Aug, 2007-Feb, 2008
| Technical Assistant, PCR Lab
|| Bharat Serums & Vaccines, Thane
|| Apr-Jun, 1999
| Visiting Faculty
|| Dept. of Biotechnology, Mumbai University
|| Sept 1998-March, 1999
- Sperm antigens
- Protein-protein interactions
- Cytoskeletal proteins
2010-2013. Harnessing the secreted superfluity of reproductive tract fluids: Identification of client proteins to the 70 kDa testis specific antigen, TSA70’ Rapid Grant for Young Investigators. Co- Investigator: Dr. Vrinda V. Khole. Dept of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) funded.
2013-2015. Delineating Role of Redox Switching in Sperm Function in the context of the Testis Specific Antigen, TSA70. Intramurally funded.
2014-2017. Delineating the role of vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency in autoimmune Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (aPOI). Intramurally funded.
2013-2016. A study on cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene screening in Indian infertile men having congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens. PI: Dr. Rahul Gajbhiye, Co-PI: Dr. Vrinda V. Khole, Kaushiki Kadam. BRNS, DAE
Publications (Last 10)
- Bhatt P, Kadam K, Saxena A, Natraj U. Fertilization, embryonic development and oviductal environment: role of estrogen induced oviductal glycoprotein. Ind J Exp Biol 42(11): 1043-55, 2004.
- Kadam KM, D’Souza SJ, Bandivdekar AH and Natraj U. Identification and Characterization of Oviductal Glycoprotein binding protein partner on gametes: Epitopic similarity to non- muscle myosin IIA, MYH9. Mol Hum Reprod 12(4): 275-282, 2006.
- Kadam K, D’Souza S and Natraj U. Spatial distribution of Actin and Tubulin in human sperm Nuclear Matrix-Intermediate Filament whole mounts - A new paradigm. Microscopy Res Tech 70(7): 589-98, 2007.
- Kadam K, D’Souza S and Natraj U. Identification of cellular isoform of OGP: Role in oviduct tissue remodeling? Cell Tissue Res 330(3): 545-56, 2007.
- Prostate Secretory Protein of 94 Amino Acids (PSP94) Binds to Prostatic Acid Phosphatase (PAP) in Human Seminal Plasma. Jenifer H. Anklesaria, Dhanashree D. Jagtap, Bhakti R. Pathak, Kaushiki M. Kadam, Shaini Joseph and Smita D Mahale. PLoS ONE 8(3): e58631, 2013.
- Whole Mount Immuno Electron Microscopy for Sperm Cytoskeletal Proteins: Translating Dimensions. Kadam KM, D’Souza SJ. The Journal of Advanced Microscopy Research. Minireview. 9(1):1-6, 2014.
- Characterization of human seminal plasma protein fractions for anti-HIV activities. Vandana J Vernekar, Shilpa M Velhal, Kaushiki Kadam, Atmaram H Bandivdekar. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. Photon 103: 277-288, 2014.
- Transmembrane conductance regulator gene abnormalities in Indian males with congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens and renal anomalies: Five case series. Rahul Gajbhiye, Kaushiki Kadam*, Aalok Khole, Avinash Gaikwad, Seema Kadam, Rupin Shah, Rangaswamy Kumaraswamy, Vrinda Khole. Ind J Med Res, accepted for publication, 2015. (*Equal contribution).
- Autoantibodies to heat shock protein, HSPA5, and epitope spreading: high dose dexamethasone therapy rescues ovarian function in experimental autoimmune ovarian insufficiency mouse model. Kaushiki M. Kadam*, Purvi V. Mande*, Nilesh Gawas, Sarika Ahire, Vrinda V. Khole, Am J Reprod Immunol. May; 75(5):580-93, 2016. (*Equal contribution).
- International travel grant from Dept. of Science & Technology and part funding from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories, New York to participate in the Proteomics Workshop, 15th July - 1st August, 2009.
- Recipient of prestigious CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship awarded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India, from August 2002 to July 2005 for working towards Ph.D degree at National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai.
- Recipient of esteemed Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Fellowship from August 2000 to July 2002.
- Women’s Graduate Union, Colaba, Mumbai, Scholarship for the year 1997 – 98.