Genetic Research Centre
| Scientist B
Genetic Research Centre, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH)
Senior Research Fellowship
Centre for Wildlife, Indian Veterinary Research Institute
- Molecular mechanism of mental retardation
- Molecular analysis of Gonadal dysgenesis
- Genomics and proteomics of Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR)
Awards & Achievements
- Junior Research Fellowship – UGC/CSIR – 2004-2006
- Senior Research Fellowship – Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Junior Research Fellowship – Indian Council of Agricultural Research 2001-2003
Publications (Last 10)
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , Bhakti Mehta, Shyla R Menon, Sarbani Raha & Vrajesh Udani (2012) Novel mutations in Cyclin-Dependent Kinase-Like 5 (CDKL5) gene in Indian cases of Rett Syndrome Neuromolecular Medicine (Online first) DOI 10.1007/s12017-012-8212-z
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , Sarbani Raha, Daksha Sanghavi, Anurupa Maitra and Vrajesh Udani (2012) Spectrum of MECP2 Gene Mutations in a Cohort of Indian Patients with Rett Syndrome: Report of Two Novel Mutations. Gene (Online first) DOI 10.1016/j.gene.2012.11.024
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , Daksha Sanghavi, Harshavardhan Gawda, Susan Idicula-Thomas and Lakshmi Vasudevan (2011) Novel Homozygous mutations in Desert Hedgehog gene in patients with 46,XY Complete Gonadal Dysgenesis and prediction of its structural and functional implications by computational methods. Eur J Med Genet 54(6): e529-34.
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , Vrajesh Udani, Daksha Sanghavi, Rashmi Adhia & Anurupa Maitra (2012) Mutational Analysis of Methyl-CpG 1 Binding Protein 2 (MECP2) Gene in Indian Cases of Rett Syndrome. Journal of Clincial Laboratory Analysis. (In press)
- Jyothi V. Mallia, Dhanjit Kumar Das and Anurupa Maitra (2012) Role of HLA in Human Pregnancy. Int J Hum Genet, 12(1): 33-36
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , M. Saini, A. Dhara, D. Swarup, S. Kumar and P.K. Gupta (2008) Molecular characterization of toll-like receptor 2 of ruminants and comparative expression in nilgai (Boselaphus trangocamelus) vs. buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). Int J Immunogenet 35: 227-234.
- Animesh Dhara, Mohini Saini, Dhanjit K. Das, Devendra Swarup, Bhaskar Sharma, Satish Kumar & Praveen K. Gupta (2007) Molecular characterization of coding sequences and analysis of Toll-like receptor 3 mRNA expression in water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) and nilgai (Boselaphus tragocamelus) Immunogenetics, 59(1): 69-76.
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , M. Saini, D. Swarup and P.K. Gupta (2008) Comparison of nucleotide and amino acid sequence of Nilgai (Boselaphus tragocamelus) interleukin 18 (IL-18) with other ruminants. Indian J Biotechnology. 7: 195-199.
- Dhanjit Kumar Das , Mohini Saini, Devendra Swarup and Praveen Kumar Gupta (2006). Molecular cloning and evolution of the gene encoding precursor of Nilgai (Boselaphus tragocamelus) interleukin 2. DNA Sequence, 17(6): 465-470.
- Mohini Saini, Dhanjit Kumar Das, A. Dhara, D. Swarup, M.P. Yadav and P.K. Gupta (2007). Characterization of Peacock (Pavo cristatus) mitochondrial 12S rRNA sequence and its use in differentiation from closely related poultry species. British Poultry Science 48 (2): 162-166 .
- D. Swarup, R. C. Patra, V. Prakash, R. Cuthbert, D. Das, P. Avari, D. J. Pain, R. E. Green, A. K. Sharma, M. Saini, D. Das, M. Taggart (2007) The safety of meloxicam to critically endangered Gyps vultures and scavenging birds in India. Animal Conservation10: 192-198
Projects (Funding agency)
- Identification of intrauterine factors of relevance in Intrauterine Growth Restriction(IUGR): A functional genomics approach
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- Mutational Analysis of MECP2 and CDKL5 genes to develop diagnostic method for Rett Syndrome in India
Department of Science & Technology (DST)
- Identification of genetic and biochemical determinants of Autism Spectrum Disorders
Funding Agency: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
Intramural Funding (ICMR)
- Mutational analysis of candidate genes in cases of gonadal dysgenesis
- Molecular analysis of candidate genes in cases of Congenital Heart Disease (CHD)