Email : email@example.com
- Ph. D
AIIMS, New Delhi
- M.Sc. Banaras Hindu University (Statistics,
- B.Sc. Banaras Hindu University (Statistics, 1994)
|| National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health
|| RDGMC, Ujjain
|| AIIMS, New Delhi
|| Population Council, New Delhi
|| NIMS, ICMR, New Delhi
| Technical Consultant: MICS-2
|| UNICEF, New Delhi
| Research Officer: NFHS-2
|| IIPS, Mumbai
Research specialization (Major scientific fields of interest):
Reproductive Health, Clinical Trial
Publications (Last 10)
S Begum , S N Dwivedi, A Pandey, S Mittal. Factors Associated with Unwanted Pregnancies in India through a Hierarchical Model. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications (MASA), and International Journal , 2010(5):197-202
S Begum , SN Dwivedi, A Pandey, S Mittal. Association between domestic violence and unintended pregnancies in India: Finding from NFHS-2 data. The National Medical Journal of India 2010, Vol 23(3): 137-139.
S Begum , SN Dwivedi, A Pandey, S Mittal, S Km. Some Epidemiological Studies on Mistimed Pregnancies-Finding from NFHS-2. Journal of Empirical Research in Social Sciences 2009; Vol 4 (2): 23-32
S Begum , S N Dwivedi, A Pandey. On Optimum Numbers of Controls Under Case Control Studies on Unwanted Pregnancies: An Analytical Appraisal. Statistics in Transition-new series , June 2008; 9(1):117-128.
- S Begum , SN Dwivedi, A Pandey, S Mittal, S Km. Some Epidemiological Studies on Unwanted Pregnancies-Finding from NFHS-2. Journal of Empirical Research in Social Sciences 2008; Vol 3(1-2):10-18.
- R Singh, S Begum, RK Ahuja, P Chandra, SN Dwivedi, Prediction of child survival in India using developed COX PH model: A utility for health policy programmers. Statistics in Transition-new series, April 2007, 8(1):91-110
- S Begum , P Arokiyaswamy, R Acharya. Factors affected Complication during delivery- A finding from NFHS. Journal of Family Welfare. 1998; 44(4): 15-26
Papers Presented in International Conferences:
- S.N.Dwivedi, S Begum. “Some Models of Unintended Pregnancy Through matched Case Control Design in India. Paper presented in XII Annual International Conference on Statistics, Combinatories, Mathematics and Applications, December 2-4, 2005 Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, USA.
- Mai Do, S Begum , K Yoshida, Sirinan K, A Hasmi. Influences of Selected Programmatic Factors on Modern Contraceptive Discontinuation in Vietnam. Paper presented at annual meeting of the Population Association of America in Boston , April 2004.
- Sebastian M P, Huntington D, Mensch B, Jeejebhoy S, Begum S. 2003. Integrating Adolescent Livelihood Activities within a Reproductive Health Program for Urban Slum Dwellers in India. Paper Presented in International conference of social sciences, Hawaii, June 11-15, 2003
- AMishra, L Varkey, A Das, E Ottolenghi, S Begum . Intention and actual practices of antenatal postpartum sexual abstinence in Delhi: An opportunity to promote safe-sex practices. Poster presentation in PAA at Minneapolis on May 1-3, 2003
Papers Presented in International Conferences:
- S Begum , SN Dwivedi, A Pandey. “Multilevel Bootstrap Analysis for Mistimed Pregnancies: Is there Variation among States?” Paper presented in the ISMS conference, Varanasi, November 27-29, 2009.
- S Begum, J Mohite, S Shrivastava “Relationship between Mobile Phone Use and Health Hazards” in the IASP conference, Tirupati, November 3-5, 2009.
- S Begum. “ Introduction to Multilevel Analysis of Medical Data”. Paper presented in National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, Aurangabad, January 21-23, 2009
- S Begum , S Mittal, S N Dwivedi, A Pandey. “Contraceptive behaviour among women seeking for induced abortion”. Paper presented in Golden Jubilee Seminar of PRC at Thiruvananthpuram, March 27-29, 2008.
- S Begum , S Mittal, S N Dwivedi, A Pandey. “Safe Period Method: Knowledge, Practice & Consequences, Paper presented in IASP conference at Varanasi, October 26-28, 2007.
- S.N. Dwivedi and S Begum. “Determinants of Unwanted and Mistimed Pregnancy through Case-Control Analysis”. Paper presented in ISMS Conference at Pondichery during January 21-23, 2005.
- Acharya R, Begum S. The Two-child Family In India: A Critical Appraisal -- Paper presented in IASP conference at Varanasi, February 1997
- Sinha RK, Begum S. Breastfeeding and Amenorrhoea Distribution in Uttar Pradesh: A Method of Smoothing Through Logit Transformation -- Paper presented in IASP conference at B.H.U. Varanasi, India on February 1997
- Roy N, Begam S, Bhutia Y and Pandey A. The trend of unmet need for family planning in Northeastern states of india, In: Dynamics of Population and Reproductive Health: Emerging issue of Northern Region of India, (Ed.) Dilip C Nath, Capital Population Company, Guwahati (2003) 240.
- Krishna Mohan P.V.T., Ajay B. P and S Begum. Domestic violence in rural Gujarat: evidence from national family health survey. Edited by A Pandey, Hindustan Pub, 2006, xxiv, 346 p