Dr. Rahul Gajbhiye
Phone: +(91-22) 2419-2036
Department: Department of Clinical Research (DCR)
- M.B.B.S. Amravati University ; 1999
- Ph.D. (2012) Mumbai University
|Medical Officer||Maharashtra state Medical and Health services||
|Demonstrator||Department of forensic medicine and Toxicology:
D. Y. Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune
|Visiting Academic||Institute for Molecular Bioscience
The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
|Member Secretary, RAC-MRHRU||Model Rural Health Research Unit (MRHRU), Dahanu, Maharashtra||
|Member Secretary,SAC & PRG||ICMR-NIRRH Field Units (Former Human Reproduction Research Centers of ICMR)||
- Male infertility
- Post-partum hemorrhage
- Tribal health
- Snake bite
- Neglected Tropical Disorders
- Health Policy
Awards & Achievements
- Appointed as International Ambassador- World Endometriosis Society (2018) Click here to know more..
- Appointed as Research Advisor to Endometriosis Society of India in August 2018
- Contribution in Global Research Policy : World Endometriosis Society (WES) and World Endometriosis Research Foundation (WERF) recognized my research contributions and invited me to participate as a ‘Section Leader’ to draft the research policy on “Priorities of endometriosis research – low resource settings” in the 13th World Congress on Endometriosis and 4th Workshop on Research Directions in Endometriosis in Vancouver, Canada from 17-21 May 2017
- Recognized by World Endometriosis Research Foundation for WERF-Endometriosis Phenome and Bio banking harmonization Project (ePHect) in 2017.
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Indo Australia Early and Mid-Career Research Fellowship for 9 months at the University of Queensland Australia from 01.07.2017 to 31.03.2018.
- Awarded 1st Prize for Best Poster presentation at the Global meeting “The Ovary Unraveled 2009”, organized jointly by Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction and Mumbai Obstetric & Gynecological Society, held at Hotel Renaissance, Mumbai, India on December 11-13, 2009.
- Awarded fellowship to participate in Marine Biology Laboratory Training Course “Frontiers in Reproduction: Molecular and Cellular concepts and applications” at Woods Hole Boston MA USA between 4th May -15th June 2008.
- Awarded grant by DBT and Queensland University to participate in 4th Indo-Australian Biotechnology Symposium and International conference on Genes and Environment in Human Diseases, Brisbane, Australia, May 7-9 2007.
- Indian Patent (Granted):Peptides of the autoimmune targets in non-invasive diagnosis of endometriosis Inventors: Rahul Gajbhiye, Vrinda Khole & Neeta Warty. Patent no. 284434
Genetic Variation at Chromosome 2q13 and Its Potential Influence on Endometriosis Susceptibility Through Effects on the IL-1 Family.
Gajbhiye R, McKinnon B, Mortlock S, Mueller M, Montgomery G.
Reprod Sci. 2018 Jan 1:1933719118768688. doi: 10.1177/1933719118768688. [Epub ahead of print]
The CFTR gene mild variants poly-T, TG repeats and M470V detection in Indian men with congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens.
Gaikwad A, Khan S, Kadam S, Kadam K, Dighe V, Shah R, Kulkarni V, Kumaraswamy R, Gajbhiye R
Andrologia. 2018 Mar;50(2). doi: 10.1111/and.12858. Epub 2017 Aug 3.
Genetic variation at chromosome 2q13 and its potential influence on endometriosis susceptibility through effects on the IL-1 family.
Gajbhiye R, Brett McKinnon, Sally Mortlock, Michael Mueller and Grant Montgomery.
Reproductive Sciences 2018 Jan 1:1933719118768688. doi: 10.1177/193371911876868
Simultaneous estimation of plasma levels of bisphenol-a and phthalate metabolites in fertile and infertile women by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry: method development, validation and troubleshooting.
Prajakta Pednekar, Gajbhiye R, Patil A, Surve S, Ajit Datar Geetha Balsarkar, Anahita Chuahan , Vanage G
IJMR accepted (2018)
Preterm birth among pregnancies conceived by assisted reproduction techniques in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Patil A, Chauhan SL, Pasi AR, Gajbhiye R, Shalini Singh, Charu Sud, Rana Khan, Jatin S. Shah, Duru S. Shah, Ameet S. Patki, Nitin M. Narvekar, Sanjeev S. Khot.
International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2018 Apr;7(4):1548-1553
Complex genetics of female fertility
Gajbhiye R, Jenny N, Fung and Grant W. Montgomery
npj Genomic Medicine volume 3, Article number: 29 (2018)
Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene abnormalities in Indian males with congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens and renal anomalies: five case series
Gajbhiye R, Kadam K, Khole A, Gaikwad A, Kadam S, Shah R, Kumaraswamy R, Khole V
IJMR 143: 613-623, 2016
Panel of Autoimmune Markers for Noninvasive Diagnosis of Minimal–Mild Endometriosis: A Multicenter Study.
Gajbhiye R, Bendigeri T, Ghuge A, Bhusane K, Begum S, Warty N, Sawant R, Padte K, Humane A, Dasmahapatra P, Chauhan A and Khan S.
Reproductive Sciences Jul 8. pii: 1933719116657190, 2016.
Male involvement in acceptability and utilization of female condoms in family planning settings
Minde N, Sellappan S, Gajbhiye R, Pasi A and Kokate P.
Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities. May 2016
Endometriosis: Clinical experience of 500 Patients from India
Bendigeri T, Warty N, Sawant R, Dasmahapatra P, Padte K, Humane A, Chauhan A, Begum S, Khan S and Gajbhiye R
Indian Practitioner 68: 34-40, 2015
Arrays to detect Erring factors of Endometrial origin in Endometriosis
Bhusane K, Gajbhiye R, Chaudhari U and Sachdeva G
MGM J Med Sci 2:44-49, 2015
Glucose Regulated Protein 78 phosphoforms in sperm undergo dynamic changes during epididymal maturation
Lobo V, Rao P, Gajbhiye R, Kulkarni V, Parte P
PLoS One DOI: 10
Is testing of menstrual blood justifiable for diagnosis of endometrial Tuberculosis among infertile women?
Patil A, Shinde S, Sachdeva G, Pasi A, Chitlange S, Chandhiok N, Gajbhiye R, Chauhan S
Indian J Obstetrics Gynaecology Res 2:103-107, 2015
Acceptability and utilization of female condom among couples attending a family welfare clinic in Mumbai
Sellappan S, Minde N , Pratibha Kokate, Gajbhiye R and Pasi A
Asian J Res Social Sci Humanities 5:54-61,2015
Acetylated alpha tubulin is reduced in individuals with poor sperm motility
Bhagwat S, Dalvi V, Chandrasekhar D, Matthew T, Acharya K, Gajbhiye R, Kulkarni V, Sonawane S, Ghosalkar M and Parte P
Fertil Steril 101:95-104, 2014
Prevalence of HIV in unregistered hospital deliveries in western India
Pasi A, Mathur A, Patil A and Gajbhiye R
Asian J Res Soc Sci Humanit 3: 176-185, 2013
Identification and validation of novel serum markers for early diagnosis of Endometriosis
Gajbhiye R, Sonawani A, Khan S, Suryawanshi A, Kadam S, Warty N, Raut V and Khole V
Hum Reprod 27: 408-417, 2012
Sperm Phosphoproteome profiling by Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography followed by data independent analysis (LC-MSE) reveals altered proteomic signatures in Asthenozoospermia
Parte PP, Rao P, Redij S, Lobo V, D’Souza SJ, Gajbhiye R, Kulkarni V, Parte PP, Rao P, Redij S, Lobo V, D’Souza SJ, Gajbhiye R, Kulkarni V
J Proteomics 75: 5861-5871, 2012
Evaluation of contraceptive potential of a novel epididymal sperm protein SFP2 in a mouse model
Khan SA, Jadhav SV, Suryawanshi AR, Bhonde GS, Gajbhiye RK, Khole V
Am J Reprod Immunol 66: 185-198, 2011
Identification and validation of candidate biomarkers involved in human ovarian autoimmunity
Mande PV, Parikh FR, Hinduja I, Zaveri K, Vaidya R, Gajbhiye R, Khole V
Reprod Biomed Onl 23: 471-483, 2011
Differential proteomics leads to identification of domain specific epididymal sperm proteins
Suryawanshi A, Khan S, Gajbhiye R, Gurav M, Khole V
J Androl 32: 240-259, 2011
Spot’-ting differences between the eutopic and the ectopic endometrium of endometriosis patients
Chehna-Patel N, Sachdeva G, Gajbhiye R, Warty N and Khole V
Fertil Steril 94: 1964-1971, 2010
Multiple endometrial antigens are targeted in autoimmune endometriosis
Gajbhiye R, Suryawanshi A, Khan S, Meherji PK, Warty N, Raut V, Chehna N, Khole VV
RBM Online 16: 817-824, 2008
- A highway to endometriosis intersects pathways to oncogenesis, (as a Co-Principal Investigator),Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India (2015-2018)
- Pregnancy outcomes in Indian women with Endometriosis and Biomarker Correlation: A Cohort Study, Funded by Deartment of Scince and Technology, 2017-2020
- Prevention and management of snake bite and scorpion bite envenomation including complications within primary health care system in tribal block of Dahanu, Palghar, Maharashtra: An implementation research Project, Funded by ICMR-Tribal Health, 2017-2018
- Non- Pneumatic Anti-Shock Garment (NASG) As a First Aid Device for Improving the Maternal Survival following Post-Partum Hemorrhage â€“ A Pilot study in Palghar District of Maharashtra, Funded by MRHRU Core Grant, 2017-2019
Identification and characterization of antigens detected using sera of women with Endometriosis, Funded by Department of Biotechnology, 2005-2008
Autoimmune markers for diagnosis of endometriosis, Funded by Department of Biotechnology, 2012-2016
A study on cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene screening in Indian infertile men having congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens. Funded by BRNS, DAE, 2013-2016
Study of Prevalence of HIV in unbooked hospital deliveries:A retrospective study in Maharashtra, (as a Co-Principal Investigator), Funded by WHO-SEARO, 2011-2012
Study of preterm birth and neonatal outcome among women conceived by assisted reproduction techniques in Mumbai, (as a Co-Principal Investigator), Funded by ICMR, 2012-2014.