Dr. Rahul Gajbhiye
Phone: +(91-22) 2419-2036
Department: Department of Clinical Research (DCR)
Amaravati University, INDIA
2008 Frontiers in Reproduction Course
Marine Biology Laboratory, Woods hole, MA, USA
2012 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
University of Mumbai, INDIA
2017 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Reproductive Genetics
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, St. Lucia AUSTRALIA
2019 Wellcome India Alliance Clinical and Public Health Intermediate Fellowship
|Medical Officer||Maharashtra state Medical and Health services||
|Demonstrator||Department of forensic medicine and Toxicology:
D. Y. Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune
|Visiting Academic||Institute for Molecular Bioscience
The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
|Member Secretary, RAC-MRHRU||Model Rural Health Research Unit (MRHRU), Dahanu, Maharashtra||
|Member Secretary,SAC & PRG||ICMR-NIRRH Field Units (Former Human Reproduction Research Centers of ICMR)||
- Male infertility
- Post-partum hemorrhage
- Tribal health
- Snake bite
- Neglected Tropical Disorders
- Health Policy
Awards & Achievements
- Wellcome Trust- DBT India Alliance Clinical and Public Health Intermediate Fellowship (2019-2024)
- Appointed as International Ambassador- World Endometriosis Society (2018) Click here to know more..
- Appointed as Research Advisor to Endometriosis Society of India in August 2018
- Contribution in Global Research Policy : World Endometriosis Society (WES) and World Endometriosis Research Foundation (WERF) recognized my research contributions and invited me to participate as a ‘Section Leader’ to draft the research policy on “Priorities of endometriosis research – low resource settings” in the 13th World Congress on Endometriosis and 4th Workshop on Research Directions in Endometriosis in Vancouver, Canada from 17-21 May 2017
- Recognized by World Endometriosis Research Foundation for WERF-Endometriosis Phenome and Bio banking harmonization Project (ePHect) in 2017.
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Indo Australia Early and Mid-Career Research Fellowship for 9 months at the University of Queensland Australia from 01.07.2017 to 31.03.2018.
- Awarded 1st Prize for Best Poster presentation at the Global meeting “The Ovary Unraveled 2009”, organized jointly by Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction and Mumbai Obstetric & Gynecological Society, held at Hotel Renaissance, Mumbai, India on December 11-13, 2009.
- Awarded fellowship to participate in Marine Biology Laboratory Training Course “Frontiers in Reproduction: Molecular and Cellular concepts and applications” at Woods Hole Boston MA USA between 4th May -15th June 2008.
- Awarded grant by DBT and Queensland University to participate in 4th Indo-Australian Biotechnology Symposium and International conference on Genes and Environment in Human Diseases, Brisbane, Australia, May 7-9 2007.
- Indian Patent (Granted):Peptides of the autoimmune targets in non-invasive diagnosis of endometriosis Inventors: Rahul Gajbhiye, Vrinda Khole & Neeta Warty. Patent no. 284434
Incidence and management practices of snakebite: A retrospective study at Sub District Hospital, Dahanu, Maharashtra
Anti-snake venom (ASV) intra dermal skin test, a common clinical practice in the primary health care setting in tribal block of Dahanu, Maharashtra, India ()
Genetic testing in male infertility
Genetics of vas aplasia.
Genetic Variation at Chromosome 2q13 and Its Potential Influence on Endometriosis Susceptibility Through Effects on the IL-1 Family.
The CFTR gene mild variants poly-T, TG repeats and M470V detection in Indian men with congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens.
Genetic variation at chromosome 2q13 and its potential influence on endometriosis susceptibility through effects on the IL-1 family.
Simultaneous estimation of plasma levels of bisphenol-a and phthalate metabolites in fertile and infertile women by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry: method development, validation and troubleshooting.
Preterm birth among pregnancies conceived by assisted reproduction techniques in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Complex genetics of female fertility
Gaikwad A Cystic Fibrosis, CFTR Gene, and Male Infertility Book Chapter : Male Infertility: Understanding, Causes and Treatment,
Cystic Fibrosis, CFTR Gene, and Male Infertility.
Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene abnormalities in Indian males with congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens and renal anomalies: five case series
Panel of Autoimmune Markers for Noninvasive Diagnosis of Minimal–Mild Endometriosis: A Multicenter Study.
Male involvement in acceptability and utilization of female condoms in family planning settings
Endometriosis: Clinical experience of 500 Patients from India
Arrays to detect Erring factors of Endometrial origin in Endometriosis
Glucose Regulated Protein 78 phosphoforms in sperm undergo dynamic changes during epididymal maturation
Is testing of menstrual blood justifiable for diagnosis of endometrial Tuberculosis among infertile women?
Acceptability and utilization of female condom among couples attending a family welfare clinic in Mumbai
Acetylated alpha tubulin is reduced in individuals with poor sperm motility
Prevalence of HIV in unregistered hospital deliveries in western India
Identification and validation of novel serum markers for early diagnosis of Endometriosis
Sperm Phosphoproteome profiling by Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography followed by data independent analysis (LC-MSE) reveals altered proteomic signatures in Asthenozoospermia
Evaluation of contraceptive potential of a novel epididymal sperm protein SFP2 in a mouse model
Identification and validation of candidate biomarkers involved in human ovarian autoimmunity
Differential proteomics leads to identification of domain specific epididymal sperm proteins
Spot’-ting differences between the eutopic and the ectopic endometrium of endometriosis patients
Multiple endometrial antigens are targeted in autoimmune endometriosis
- Clinical phenotypes and genetic regulation of endometriosis in Indian women (Funded by Wellcome Trust U.K.- DBT India Alliance Clinical & Public Health Intermediate Fellowship Grant, Total sanctioned budget INR 3,65,93,612.00, Duration 5 years 2019-2024)
- Identification of new male infertility genes in obstructive azoospermic men with congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens (Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, Duration 3 years 2019-2022)
- Pregnancy outcomes in Indian women with Endometriosis and Biomarker Correlation: A Cohort Study, Funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, Sanctioned budget INR 25,92,000.00, Duration 3 years, 2017-2020)
- Identification and characterization of antigens detected using sera of women with Endometriosis, Funded by Department of Biotechnology, 2005-2008 (PI)
- Autoimmune markers for diagnosis of endometriosis, Funded by Department of Biotechnology, 2012-2016 (PI)
- A study on cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene screening in Indian infertile men having congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens. Funded by BRNS, DAE, 2013-2016 (PI)
- Prevention and management of snake bite and scorpion bite envenomation including complications within primary health care system in tribal block of Dahanu, Palghar, Maharashtra: An implementation research Project, Funded by ICMR-Tribal Health, 2017-2018 (PI)
- Study of Prevalence of HIV in unbooked hospital deliveries: A retrospective study in Maharashtra, Funded by WHO-SEARO, 2011-2012 (Co-PI)
- Study of preterm birth and neonatal outcome among women conceived by assisted reproduction techniques in Mumbai, Funded by ICMR, 2012-2014 (Co-PI)
- A highway to endometriosis intersects pathways to oncogenesis, Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, 2015-2018 (Co-PI)