Dr. Beena Joshi
Phone: +( 91-22) 2419 2043
Department: Department of Operational Research (DOR)
- M.B.B.S. Karnataka University, 1991
- Diploma in Reproductive Health Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine , UK , 1997
- PhD (Community Medicine) Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, 2018
|Medical Officer||Family Planning Association of India||1994-2000|
|Scientist||NIRRH||June 2000 –Till date|
- Adolescent Health
- HIV and Contraception
- Health Technology Assessment
Awards & Achievements
1.Received Golden Jubilee Research Award 2016 from Association of Medical Women in India for the work on PCOS among adolescents.
2.Received ICMR International Fellowship 2016-17 for Senior Biomedical Scientists to visit Penn PCOS Center at University of Philadelphia from 19th Sept to 3rd October 2016.
3. Received a travel grant award from the organizers of the Global Maternal and Child Health Conference, held in Mexico, to present a paper on, HIV-Family Planning Linkages to improve use of dual contraception.
4.Best oral presentation award for the paper on “ Community based prevalence of PCOS phenotypes among young girls in Mumbai” at the “ Androgen Excess and PCOS Society Update meeting “ held at AIIMS, New Delhi from 29th – 30th August 2011
Utilization of quality assessments in improving adolescent reproductive and sexual health services in rural block of Maharashtra, India.
Capacity Assessment of District Health System in India on Services for Prevention and Management of Infertility.
Discrepancy between the recommended and functional cut offs of Vitamin D among under-five children: Experiences from a pilot study
Visceral adiposity index among young girls with PCOS and its association with phenotypes and metabolic risk
Operationalizing adolescent health services at Primary Health Care level in India: Processes, Challenges and Outputs.
Status of family planning service delivery for people living with HIV at public hospital settings in Maharashtra: opportunities and challenges.
Vitamin D deficiency in Children: An update on its prevalence, therapeutics and knowledge gaps.
Yoga Therapy: The Fourth Dimension in the Multidisciplinary Management of Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, A Narrative Review
Linking HIV & family planning services to improve dual methods of contraception among women infected with HIV in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Changes in sexual behavior and contraceptive use after HIV acquisition and factors associated with risky sexual practices among people living with HIV in selected Indian cities.
Use of emergency contraceptive pills among unmarried youth in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India,
,Contraceptive Use and Unintended Pregnancies Among HIV-Infected Women in Mumbai
Multidisciplinary debate on PCOS: An Indian perspective
ART Adherence Study group: Level of suboptimal adherence to first line antiretroviral treatment & its determinants among HIV positive people in India
A cross sectional study of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) among adolescent and young girls in Mumbai, India
Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in India
Determinants of youth sexual behaviour: Program implications for India
Perceptions and practices of rural men on RTI/STIs and their expecations on its management at public healthcare facilities : A qualitative insight
Attitude towards sexuality among rural college youth in Maharashtra
Training of service providers on emergency sontraception: Experiences in Mumbai
Capacity assessment of the primary health care system to manage reproductive tract infections
Reproductive health problems and help seeking behaviour among adolescents in urban India
Can school health checkups reduce reproductive health morbidities associated with cryptorchidism?
- Health Technology Assessment of Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives in India (DHR funded)
- Health Technology Assessment of Uterine Balloon Tamponade to manage postpartum hemorrhage in India (DHR funded)
- Knowledge Attitude Practices of PCOS among Health Care Providers in India and among Young girls and Gatekeepers in Mumbai – An Abhiyan PCOS Initiative 2017-2018
- Improving Reproductive Health of Adolescents an Urban School Based approach PI. Dr. Beena Joshi Intramural support -2003-2005
- Operating, Strengthening & Sustaining the ARSH Clinics as per the National Standards of ARSH Implementation Guide in Karjat Block of Raigad District (PI. Dr. Beena Joshi 2010- 14 Govt of Maharashtra funded
- Determining Prevalence of PCOS among adolescents and young girls in Mumbai and follow-up of the cohort PI. Dr. Beena Joshi 2010- 2012, ICMR funded
- Determining factors associated with ART Drug Adherence among HIV positive people in India PI. Dr. Beena Joshi 2010-2012-NACO funded
- Sexual Behaviour and Contraceptive Use among HIV positive people – A multicentric study PI. Dr. Beena Joshi 2009-2011-ICMR funded
- Strengthening Linkages between HIV (ICTC/PPTCT) and Family planning services for prevention of unwanted pregnancies among women living with HIV/AIDS PI. Dr. Beena Joshi 2011-2014-ICMR funded
- Implementing linked services between HIV(ICTC/ART/PPTCT) /STI and Family Planning at District level in Maharashtra to improve use of dual protection among PLHIV (Funded by NACO) 2016-2018