- The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services. The Institute is affiliated to the University of Mumbai which awards degrees to the M.Sc. and Ph.D students in the areas of Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry and Applied Biology. The Institute is one of the few centers in India , which can boast of a team of basic, clinical and operational research scientists and state-of-art laboratories equipped with modern facilities to carry out research on various components of reproductive health. Research programmes have also been initiated in new emerging areas such as stem cell biology, toxicology and transgenesis. The Institute is a WHO Collaborating Center for Research and Training in Reproductive Health. Collaborations are undertaken with national and international organizations in a global effort to promote research and dissemination of information on reproductive health matters .
- The powers and duties of its officers and employees :
The powers available at the Headquarter to the DG and other officers and at the Institutes to the Director and Sr. AO are contained in Appendix I, II and III of the Rules and Regulations of the Council. Please refer ICMR website (http://icmr.nic.in/rti/MEMORANDUM%20OF%20ASSOCIATION.pdf) for complete information.
Provide organizational chart
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
The Institute discharges its functions in accordance with the provisions contained in its Rules and Regulations, Bylaws and the extant administrative and financial norms prescribed by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi for its employees.
- Rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions;
The Institute is under control of the Rules & Regulations of the ICMR, and its Bylaws.
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under it control
- All service related files and registers of the employees
- All research projects related files and registers
- All files and registers related to financial statement of the institutes and projects
- The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
- Statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and so to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meting are accessible for public;
Meetings and minutes of the meetings are restricted only to the members.
- Manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
The Institute does not deal with any subsidy programme involving release of subsidy
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it
The Institute does not grant any concessions/permits/authorizations, however the concession extended by the government to SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped (Divyang) / Ex-Servicemen are granted as per the rules
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form
The information with regard to NIRRH is available in electronic form on NIRRH website: www.nirrh.res.in
- Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
Library can be access with prior permission during the office hours only ( 09.00 am to 5.30 pm)
- Such other information as may be prescribed and thereafter update these publications every year.
Updated on 10th August 2017