Sub District Hospital, Dahanu, District –Palghar, Maharashtra
|STATE PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA|
|1||Director Health Services||Dr. Satish Pawar|
|2||Deputy Directorate Health services, Thane||Dr. Ratna Raokhande|
|3||Civil Surgeon, Palghar District||Dr. Kanchan Vanere|
|4||District Health Officer, Palghar District||Dr. Santosh Gaikwad|
|5||Nodal Officer, Additional Directorate Health services||Dr. Geeta Kharat|
|6||Medical Superintendent, SDH, Dahanu||Dr. Arun Yadav|
|7||Taluka Health Officer, Dahanu, Dist. Palghar||Dr. Abhijit Chavan|
|GRANT MEDICAL COLLEGE, MUMBAI|
|1||Dean, Sir J.J group of Hospitals, Mumbai||Dr T.P. Lahane|
|2||Nodal Officer||Dr Lalit Sankhe|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH IN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH, MUMBAI|
|1||Scientist – G & Director||Dr. Smita D Mahale|
|2||Scientist – G & Nodal Officer||Dr. Sanjay Chauhan|
|3||Scientist – E & Member Secretary, RAC||Dr. Ragini Kulkarni|
|MODEL RURAL HEALTH RESEARCH UNIT, DAHANU, MAHARASHTRA|
|1||Scientist- C (Medical)||Dr. Neha Salvi|
|2||Scientist- C (Non-Medical)||Dr. Krishna Chaaithanya Itta|
|3||Technical Assistant (Statistician)||Mr. Kumarsanjay Bhorekar|
|4||Technical Assistant (Research)||Mr. Nitesh Kantela|
|5||Technician-C||Mrs. Kavita Nahire|
|6||Assistant Multi-purpose||Mrs. Pranali Kadu|
|7||Data Entry Operator||Ms. Ruchita Surve|
|8||Multi-Tasking Staff||Mrs. Roshni Patil|
INTRODUCTION OF MRHRU SCHEME:
This scheme has been launched based on successful experience of ICMR at Ghatampur (UP). The plan was to set up 15 MRHRUs during 12th Five Year Plan at a total estimated cost of Rs. 67.67 Crore.
The MOA between Government of Maharashtra & National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health to establish MRHRU at Sub District Hospital, Dahanu was signed on 17.09.2013
1. FUNDING NORMS:
Rs. 3.00 Crores per MRHRU for civil works (Rs.2.00 cr) and Equipment (Rs.1.00 cr). Recurring expenditure of Rs.50 lakhs sanctioned towards staffing, consumables, etc.
Objective of the mission
- To create infrastructure at the periphery for transfer of technology to the rural level for improving the quality of health services to rural population.
- To ensure an interface between the new technology developers (Researchers in the Medical Institutions; State or Centre), health systems operators (Centre or state health services) and the beneficiaries (communities in rural areas)
- Ensure the much-needed geographical spread of health research infrastructure in the rural area.
- MRHRU is collaboration between NIRRH as a Research and Mentoring body; Directorate of Health services, Government of Maharashtra as facilitator and Grant Medical College as a linked medical college.
- MRHRU Dahanu has been approved as the 38th Sentinel Surveillance Hospitals (SSHs) in State of Maharashtra for Diagnostic Facility for Dengue & Chikungunya by National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS:
|S. No||Title||Name of Principal Investigator||Funding Agency||Duration of Project|
|1||Improving health and nutritional status of vulnerable segment of population by implementing multi-component health and nutrition education intervention as a sustainable model of intervention||Dr. Ragini Kulkarni
|2||Prevention and management of snake bite envenomation including complications within primary health care system in Dahanu block: An implementation research, (Funds received from ICMR)||Dr. Rahul Gajbhiye (NIRRH)
Dr Arun Yadav (SDH)
|Tribal Health Research Forum||18 months|
|3||Non- Pneumatic Anti-Shock Garment (NASG) As a First Aid Device for Improving the Maternal Survival following Post-Partum Haemorrhage – A Pilot study in Palghar District of Maharashtra||Dr. Rahul Gajbhiye (NIRRH)||PIP,
Govt. of Maharshtra
|4||Implementation of cervical cancer screening through frontline workers in primary health care setting of tribal block of Maharashtra||Dr. Anushree Patil (NIRRH)||Intramural||36 Months|
|5||Impact of measles rubella(MR) vaccination compaign on population immunity in India[IMRVI Study]||Dr. Ragini Kulkarni
|John Hopkin’s University, USA||18 Months|
- Prof. Suellen Miller, safe motherhood programs, University of California, San Francisco, USA.
- John Hopkins University, USA
1) National Institute of Virology, Pune.
2) Bawaskar Hospital and Research Center, Mahad (Dr Himmatrao Bawaskar)
3) Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
4) KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
5) National Institute of Immunohematology (NIIH)
Sub District Hospital Campus, Agar, Dahanu, District: Palghar- 401 602
5. CONTACT US:
Model Rural Health Research Unit (MRHRU)
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH)
Department of Health Research (DHR)
Sub District (Cottage) Hospital, Agar, Dahanu, District – Palghar – 401 602;
DG ICMR Site Visit
First RAC held on 21.02.2015 at NIRRH, Mumbai
Second RAC held on 04.04.2016 & 05.04.2016 at Dahanu
|Workshop on Non Pneumatic Antishock Garment (NASG) Training of Master Trainers held on 31.01.2017 at Sub District Hospital, Dahanu
CME on ‘Prevention and early detection of common cancers’ held on 23.03.2017 at Dahanu.
Training of Medical Officers in Dahanu Block on “Management of Cases of Snake & Scorpion Bite’’held on 23.06.2017 & 24.06.2017