Biostatistics division provides the proper interpretation of scientific data generated in the biology, reproductive health and the biomedical studies based on human, animals or cells subjects. The aim of the department is the implementation of biostatistical methods in practice and to provide statistical expertise and consultation to the wide spectrum of research activities carried out by the scientists and students of the institute as well as other institutes.
The department also conducts community based behavioural intervention studies in the areas of i) enhancing participation of men in sexual and reproductive health; ii) family planning iii) gender issues including gender-based violence; iv) smokeless tobacco use among women; v) cervical and breast cancer.
We closely collaborate with scientists and researchers in various research grants.
We also contribute towards e-governance using Web base applications (php and Mysql).
Department Email Id: email@example.com
|Dr. Shahina Begum||Scientist D|
|Dr. Dattaram D Naik||Technical Officer ‘A’|
|Mr. Prashant U Tapase||Technical Officer ‘A’|
|Mr Ajeesh Sebastian||Technician-A (Social Worker)|
- A systematic review on interventions to improve the quality of care in pregnancy and childbirth in Rural India
- Intervention to increase breast cancer awareness and breast self-examination among women in the community- A Multiple approach
- Using mobile phone for providing information on modern contraceptive methods
- Review of traditional childbirth practices among various tribal communities in Maharashtra. (Funded by ICMR), 2015-2016.
- Interventions to enhance acceptance of contraceptive use among couples by reducing intimate partner violence. (Funded by ICMR), 2012-2015.
- Enhancing knowledge and promoting health seeking behaviour of couples on STIs and cervical cancer in urban slum of Mumbai. (Funded by ICMR), 2010-2013.
- Assessing the availability and utilization of reproductive health services at government health facilities among women in selected sites in Maharashtra, (Funded by Minorities Development Department, Government of Maharashtra), 2009.
- Mechanism for Relation of Domestics Violence to Poor maternal and Infant Health (Funded by ICMR), 2007-2009.
- A Study of Psychosocial and Service Dynamics of Illegal Abortion in Rural Areas of India (Funded by ICMR Multi-Centric Study), 2006-2008.
- Interventions in Urban Slum for Enhancing Participation of Men in Reproductive Health (Funded by MOHFW), 2004-2008.
- Longitudinal Study of Improving Male Involvement / Responsibility in Family Welfare (Funded by MOHFW), 1999-2003.
- Fertility Attitude of Rural Men (Funded by ICMR), 1995-1996.
- Fertility Attitude of Men in an Urban Setting (Funded by ICMR), 1993-1994.
- Gender equity-focused male centered family planning for rural India. (Funded by DBT), 2010- 2015.
- Capacity building of volunteer adolescent peer leaders for promoting effective reduction of early marriage and early pregnancy among rural unmarried adolescents in Maharashtra. (Funded by Indo-US), 2013-2014.
- Socio-behavioral aspects of Smokeless tobacco use among married women of reproductive age. (Funded by Indo-US), 2010- 2013.
- Raising HIV Awareness among Non-Infected Indian (RHANI) Wives: HIV Risk Reduction Intervention for at Risk Wives in India. (Funded by Indo-US) 2009 – 2011.
- Fertility Intention and Family Planning Practices of Men in A Rural Community of Maharashtra (Funded by WHO Country Budget) 1997-1998.