The Community based Bone Health Clinic was established in May 2012 at the BDD chawl, Naigaum with the objective i) to create awareness about osteoporosis in the low income community; ii) help individuals develop healthy lifestyle; iii) and utilize therapeutic measures to build, maintain and prevent bone loss using a multidisciplinary approach.
This Community based Bone Health Clinic (BHC) is a unique model to address osteoporosis while attending to knee/ spine problems through clinical consultations and improvement in physical activity / Quality of life by Yoga and stretching exercises.
The Clinic is thankful to the Consultants (Dr Ashish Jain – Radiologist, Dr S. Mohite – Spine Consultant, Dr. V. Thakur – Knee Consultant, Dr Dhruv Singh- Endocrinologist), Dr Satish Pathak – general Surgeon and Yoga Consultant and volunteers of Ambika Yog Kutir for offering their services free of charge to the benefit of the clinic clientele.
The services offered are :
- Routine clinical examination and risk assessment for fracture
- DXA test for bone mineral density estimation along with vertebral fracture assessment and body composition
- Specialized Knee OPDs
- Specialized Spine OPDs
- Specialized Endocrine OPD
- Yoga OPD (once a week)
- Yoga classes (once a week on Saturdays) – a simple and easily accessible alternative method for improvement in Quality of life
- Counselling on diet
- Regular conduct of Camps in the community and clinic to create awareness of osteoporosis.
This multidisciplinary and comprehensive health care management is aimed at sensitizing community on osteoporosis/its sequels, preventing osteoporosis, and helping them towards improving compliance for osteoporosis treatment.
Dr. Lalita Savardekar: 91-22-24192035