The Department of Operational Research, in collaboration with Municipal Health posts of F South Ward, has set up two Adolescent Friendly Centers at Parel and Sewri. These centers mainly cater to the sexual and reproductive health and other concerns of married as well as unmarried adolescents and youth aged 10-24 years. These centers are manned by Doctors, Counselors and Social Workers and have a network with hospitals and organisations.
• Information and counselling on various issues of reproductive and adolescent health
• Family planning services including provision of condoms and Emergency Contraceptive Pills
• Premarital counselling
• Treatment of menstrual and other gynaecological problems
• Treatment and counselings on sexually transmitted infections
• Pregnancy detection
• Antenatal and postnatal care
• Information and counselings on sexual concerns
• Education on sexuality and life skills.
The services from these centers can be availed from Monday to Friday between 10 AM to 5 PM . For appointments, on any other days or time than mentioned above, kindly contact at the following numbers. We would be glad to accommodate your request.
1) Jagruti Adolescent Center V. Shantaram Health Post Near BEST Quarters, Parel. Phone: 91-22-24541688
2) Jagruti Adolescent Center Ramtekdi Health Post Near Tata Power Colony Sewri. Phone: 91-22-24541687
Dr. S. L. Chauhan, Scientist ‘G’, NIRRH
Dr. B. R. Joshi, Scientist ‘E’, NIRRH